IntelliChief Capture Enterprise – OCR Software for Indexing Documents & Eliminating Manual Data Entry
When you transition to electronic content management, you need to convert your paper documents into digital ones, and OCR software can help. At IntelliChief, we’ve developed one of the fastest and most robust capture applications on the market.
IntelliChief Capture Enteprise is a powerful software solution that uses an advanced combination of OCR, OMR, and IMR technologies to streamline the indexing process. This helps you efficiently manage your structured, semi-structured, and unstructured content.
Capture Enterprise also helps you eliminate manual data entry. By recognizing the information contained in each of your documents and importing it into your ERP, IntelliChief’s OCR software allows you to work much more quickly (and with fewer mistakes).
What is OCR Software and How Does It Work?
OCR, or optical character recognition, is a method of converting traditional documents into searchable data. While a document scanner can create a digital replica of a paper image, OCR can take information off that image and use it for other purposes.
OCR software works by detecting the individual lines and patterns that make up printed characters (both letters and numbers). The system can then “read” a document, matching the text that it sees to the characters it has already identified. When the program encounters a word or letter that it doesn’t recognize, it tells a person that they need to enter the information.
IntelliChief’s Approach to OCR Software
Capture Enterprise extracts and classifies key information to help you streamline your existing business processes. You won’t have to manually type in information, which can lead to significant cost savings. You’ll also find that:
- It offers a robust solution for all of your documents – including those you receive as hard copies (e.g., faxes) and those you receive digitally (e.g., PDF email attachments).
- It provides you with a variety of data capture functions, including multi-language recognition, full-text, and zonal identification.
- It uses a flexible procedural rules engine, allowing you to create custom panels and capture applications that meet your specific needs.
- It’s designed as a commercial OCR solution, with the capacity to quickly process a high volume of documents (and with the capacity to increase output as your company grows).
- It can automatically import the data it collects into your ERP or line of business system.
Collectively, these benefits allow you to quickly and accurately export information from your documents and use it for other functions.