What does your current approach to document management say about your company? Does it say that you’re highly efficient and focused on growth? Or that things are a bit chaotic, with too many opportunities for things to slip through the cracks?
If you’re in the latter category, you’re not alone. Many companies still deal with thousands of hard-copy documents every month. But in recent years, top organizations have started adopting electronic document management solutions and moving away from a paper-centric workplace.
Benefits of Digital Document Management
Digital document management allows you to store, share, and access documents electronically. It can help:
- Integrate document access into a core application
- Do away with off-site document storage costs
- Keep documents highly organized and instantly accessible
- Manage access rights
- Automatically route documents from one person to the next
- Store documentation for internal and independent audits
- Convey your commitment to environmentally friendly business practices
- Ensure that your documents can be recovered in the event of a disaster
A powerful document management system can also provide department-specific benefits. For instance, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable can automate their workflows, helping them deal with critical paperwork more quickly. It can also reduce manual data entry, increasing accuracy and allowing your employees to focus on more important responsibilities.
Features of IntelliChief’s Electronic Document Management System
IntelliChief’s electronic document management system is highly advanced, but also highly intuitive. It’s designed to integrate with your existing ERP, making it extremely user-friendly. Your team can work in the same system they’ve always worked in, which means there’s no troublesome learning curve. And, they can capture and distribute documents in a variety of formats, allowing you to continue communicating with your customers in the ways you already do.