Tim Nissen | ECM’s HR Resource Resourcefulness.
Human Resources and Human Capital Management are among the most document intensive areas of your organization.
Enterprise Content Management (ECM’s) HR resource resourcefulness enables you to automate the information processing activities faced daily, while conveniently organizes each person’s information for quick electronic access and long-term archival.
With numerous paper and electronic file-formatted documents generated when creating and maintaining Human Resources department files for each employee and 1099 contractor, organization is imperative. It starts with having the ability to capture and structure all information befitting your organization’s business processes, all through automation. Password-protected access is also automated – a simple keyword search provides the information to your desktop or mobile device. The workflow automation provides you the ability to route documents to staff and vendors electronically for prompt action. Structured archival enables secure long-term, low-cost storage.
IntelliChief ECM’s HR Resource Resourcefulness – Human Capital Management benefits include:
- Documentation Consolidation – information in every format, paper or electronic, is uniformly formatted and stored together based on your specific criteria. Capture information and convert paper documents to electronic files with an unprecedented level of efficiency and ease. Manage all personnel documents in a single, searchable system that improves information retrieval capabilities.
- Information Validation – when connected with your enterprise resource planning (ERP) or Human Resources management systems, ECM validates and updates stored information in these programs, assuring data integrity.
- Interdepartmental Workflow – the ‘enterprise’ in ECM. The company process-configured system enables automated workflow, interconnecting departments and eliminating frustrating information silos. It streamlines your internal procedures by automating document routing for completions and approvals.
- Cost Reduction – physical paper files are costly to create, access and update, both in HR staff’s allotted time, and time away from constructive, strategic pursuits to meet your goals. On- and off-site paper file storage is significantly reduced or eliminated, saving you square footage and budget.
- Records Protection – Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity – electronically protect all your company’s resource records is imperative to keeping your business running in every location, through temporary and catastrophic occurrences, causing loss of paper-based information due to wind, water, fire, theft or misplacement by anyone.
The Need Identified
According to Forrester Research, “Human Resources departments typically use 50% of their staff’s time handling manual, mostly paper-driven personnel administrative tasks.”
As Human Resources impact continues to expand within organizations, you and your staff are losing half your time to non-strategic tasks. The critical contributions your company needs are strategic as corporate environments evolve, and resource planning rapidly becomes vital to planning and assurance of optimized operations, both during transitional periods and continuing daily functions throughout the organization.
These daily manual administrative tasks must be automated to allot needed resources – yours and those throughout your company – to be utilized for their strategic and executional contributions.
See http://bit.ly/2ieBXOV for the PDF IntelliChief ECM for Human Capital Management, highlighting ECM’s benefit to HCM lifecycle management.