What we all strive to achieve in sales order processing optimization:
- Having more orders to fill
- Having accurate information to work on, right from the get-go
- Having a lower order processing cost, faster fulfillment cycle, and more competitive DSO
Enterprise content management (ECM) software helps you achieve all of these (and more).
How ECM Lets You Optimize Your Sales Order Processing Procedure
ECM is just a way to store your documents…right?
It’s actually a comprehensive way to optimize the entire front end of your order fulfillment process.
For example, IntelliChief Capture Enterprise for Sales Orders lets you automate the entire processing environment for your inbound customer purchase orders.
Any PO received via email, fax, or as hard copy documents are imported into Capture Enterprise for processing. The software pulls order information from the header, body, and footer of the PO then verifies it with the data in your ERP. It leverages database lookups, defined business rules, calculations, and confidence thresholds to streamline the entire process from start to finish.
Once the order is validated, IntelliChief creates an official sales order in your ERP without requiring any manual data entry.
Meeting Your Order Processing Goals
If your fulfillment department has internal goals to meet, IntelliChief can help. It lets you:
- Confirm the accuracy of each line item and price
- Confirm that each product is in stock, and can be delivered on the requested data
- Automatically alert you to orders that cannot be processed due to inaccuracies on the purchase order, delivery challenges, credit holds, or issues with the customer’s status
- Ship orders more quickly (no more processing delays)
And, because you’re not manually entering each order into your system, you can spend that time focusing on more important initiatives. You can view and immediately address backlogs thanks to analytics, and proactively work to avoid customer satisfaction issues.
It’s achievable sales order processing optimization — and it all starts with IntelliChief.