Another year, another hurricane season. Another opportunity to think about how your business might fare in the event of a disaster.
- Would you lose everything you’ve spent years putting together?
- Would you be able to stay above water financially for a few months?
- When the time comes to get back up and running, would your employees be able to complete their work remotely while your building is repaired?
If you don’t have an answer to these questions, IntelliChief can help. We’ve helped countless companies protect their most valuable assets – their data, their transactional documents, their contracts, and their operational records – as part of a comprehensive business continuity plan.
Electronic Content Management for Post-Disaster Record Access & Recovery
The foundation of our approach to disaster recovery? Storing documents in an electronic format, so that records remain secure in the event of a hurricane, tornado, flood, or other natural disaster. With the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration expecting seven hurricanes – three of which are likely to be a Category 3 or higher – this year, it’s not a bad idea to consider.
One of our own corporate offices is located right in Tampa, Florida. We’ve seen firsthand how companies can be upended by a single storm. That’s why we’re so committed to helping businesses protect their most critical strategic information.
Even though a temporary business interruption will always come with a financial hit, that hit can be significantly reduced with the right continuity strategy. Our advice?
- Consolidate the paper documentation that you have scattered throughout your office (or offices). Everything from invoices in filing cabinets to tax records in locked closets needs to be collected, backed up, and out of harm’s way in the event of an emergency.
- Find a way to get your employees secure access to their job-dependent information as you return to work. Especially if you expect to work from various locations while your headquarters is unusable, you’ll need an option for retrieving documents, sharing them with other departments and teams, and even making them accessible to customers.
- Don’t forget: document protection is an ongoing process. If you archive everything you have in July, but don’t do so again before a storm hits in October, you’re still going to lose months’ worth of critical data. You need solutions that work in real time to automatically back up your records as they’re created.
Our content management solutions are designed to automation the capture of both paper and electronic file information. Instant digital conversion, secure storage, mobile access, and automatic, cross-departmental workflows make it possible to keep working in the aftermath of a natural disaster. To learn more, contact us today.